My client is looking for a proactive, highly organised, Marine Consultant to join their team of route engineers.
As a Marine Consultant you will work as a member of the route engineering team, seeing projects through from initial feasibility studies to marine survey and beyond the installation phase to maintenance and decommissioning.
Your role is instrumental in supporting the team to ensure reliable and efficient service to clients developing power projects. By contributing to the installation process of worldwide power networks and learning the fundamentals of submarine cable route planning you will play a part in shaping the future of international infrastructure.
- Managing received data download and organisation.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Project setup and maintenance
Technical Survey Management Support:
- Conduct thorough documentation and report reviews.
- Survey data
- Contractor management and coordination
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations summarising analysis results and recommendations.
- Occasional client facing meetings.
Route Planning and Analysis:
- Assist in conducting desktop feasibility studies to identify the most suitable paths for laying submarine cables.
- Analyse bathymetric, geophysical, and geotechnical data to assess seabed conditions and potential hazards under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Conduct cable burial reviews on existing assets
Learning & Development:
- Engage in continuous learning, acquiring knowledge about submarine cable engineering principles, industry standards, and best practices.
- Assist with proposals and tendering.
Ideal candidate will have a degree in Hydrographic Survey, Geophysics or a related Earth Sciences subject and have 5-10 years’ experience in the marine survey Industry.
This is a permanent, full time, fully remote role.
Please submit your details online, or for further information please call Lesley Freeman or Wendy Wakefield.