I am delighted to be partnering with a innovative organisation based on the Suffolk / Norfolk border to recruit a Management Accountant.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Financial Analysis and Reporting: Prepare insightful reports that guide our strategic direction. Conduct comprehensive financial analysis, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting principles. Prepare regular management reports and financial statements to provide insight into business performance.
- Month-end and Year-end Closing: Lead the month-end and year-end closing processes with the team, ensuring accurate and timely completion of financial statements and related reporting.
- Business relationship partnering: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize decision-making and implement financial best practice.
- Cost Analysis and Control: Dive into financial data to uncover hidden trends and opportunities.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated with industry trends and best practices in management accounting. Propose and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of financial operations.
- Team Development: Lead and mentor a team, igniting their potential for greatness.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to create annual budgets and financial forecasts. Monitor actual performance against budgeted figures, identifying and explaining variances, and recommending corrective actions.
- Compliance and Audit: Maintain compliance and internal controls in a dynamic environment with financial regulations, accounting standards, and company policies. Assist in internal and external audits, providing necessary documentation and explanations.
- Responsibility of assisting in the internal audit function for UK&I.
- Assistance with implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls identified.
This role will suit a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with management accounts experience, and excellent Excel and communication skills.
For further information, please contact Laura Vatter.