Financial Controller – SME
Location: Whilst this role is fully remote, there will be a requirement for site visit to the Tipperary/Cork/ or Limerick once a quarter.
- Technical knowledge according to Irish GAAP and Irish VAT regulations is essential.
Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, we have been engaged to support our client with a unique opportunity for a Financial Controller. Following the recent acquisition of PV Projects in Ireland, our client is seeking an experience Financial Controller to manage the financial operations of the entities in Ireland as the Finance Lead for the Irish Operation.
HQ is based in Europe.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the company, ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial records and work closely with the external advisors.
In addition, the Financial Controller will:
- Manage day-to-day finance operations, including cash flow
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records
- Provide excellent and timely financial reporting for the business
- Monitor and analyse financial performance, including budget variances
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting requirements
- Provide financial analysis and advice to senior management and other departments
- Support the EPC team on day-to-day operations, costing variances and project planning, as required
- Frequent engagement with senior leaders regarding financial reviews
- Drive continuous improvement by identifying and improving any inefficiencies in processes
- ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Relevant work experience in renewable energy sector (preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of industry-specific financial regulations and reporting requirements for Ireland
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Independent thinker with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Have strong Excel skills
In the first instance, click apply and I will be in touch to talk through further