Location: Norwich (hybrid working)
Atkinson Moss have been engaged to assist with the appointment of a Financial Controller to join this established organisation in the city centre, who will work with the SLT and wider business to drive finance as at the core of the business.
Sound like you?
As a coach and mentor to the finance team, you will manage delivery of financial reporting and compliance deadlines. You will support the company through the future growth strategy, providing strategic analysis, financial leadership, and guidance to the leadership team while driving continuous improvement initiatives. You will develop and manage the financial plans and forecasts while monitoring, analysing, and presenting monthly financial reports and key financial metrics.
You will identify and implement cost savings and efficiency / profitability improvement opportunities, you will develop and maintain financial reporting tools and systems around profitability and cash flow information to be delivered timely and accurately to the leadership team and meet all compliance reporting.
By collaborating with their cross-functional teams, including operations, and sales, you will drive finance process improvement and business excellence initiatives, and provide financial guidance and support for business decisions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ownership and development of an exceptional finance function.
- Development of annual financial planning, financial targets, and budgets in line with board strategy.
- Reporting on effective KPIs, to ensure timely and accurate visibility of performance against the annual operating plan and previous year.
- Continuous improvements of robust internal controls and processes in line with system functionality and developments
- Working with all heads of departments to drive performance against sales and expenditure budgets.
- Liaise with the leadership team to help drive growth and provide high level financial direction for sales and operational teams.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to support business decisions.
- Identifying and communicating business risks and wider business opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CA) with PQE with experience managing a finance team
- Strong people management skills and a driven, dynamic approach are essential attributes to drive propagate an energy from the finance perspective
- Strong analytical abilities
- Proficient in MS Excel and other financial software
- Proactive with an analytical mind and the ability to think strategically and solve problems
In the first instance, click apply and the application will come through to Will Palgrave-Moore at Atkinson Moss: Leadership Recruitment