2nd/3rd Line Engineer
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Support Engineer with recent experience of the Microsoft Cloud. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
Our client is a Norwich-based MSP created in 2006 but with a renewed aim to expand in the next few years.
CE+ certified, we are a premium, security focused IT support provider, with the passion to deliver an amazing service for our customers
Located in pleasant surroundings, we also strive to provide our employees with a rewarding work/life balanced experience.
- Technical Support:
- Both remotely and onsite, provide outstanding customer service and communication with non-technical minded clients
- Provide efficient and effective 1st and 2nd line IT diagnosis and resolution to clients, maintaining a high level of 1st time fixes
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
- Initially escalate complex problems to 3rd line support when necessary.
- Support junior colleagues on more challenging tickets, enabling the growth of the team.
- Infrastructure Management, networking and security
- Manage and maintain Microsoft Cloud based environments
- Administer Office 365 applications and troubleshoot related issues.
- Monitor and optimise Active Directory and Windows Server environments, including Hyper-
- Configure and troubleshoot network-related problems.
- Implement a security-first approach to our own and our clients’ environments
- To install and maintain IT systems in line with specifications, to ensure client requirements and deadlines are met, and that systems are fully secure
- Documentation and Communication:
- Maintain detailed documentation of configurations, processes, and procedures.
- Log all service tickets received via telephone, email and client portal and handle accordingly throughout the stages of the ticket to resolution
- You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Networking knowledge, IP, DNS, Internet connectivity
- Supporting Microsoft environments, both local and cloud-based (Windows Desktop, Windows Server (including Hyper-V), Active Directory, Microsoft 365, Office 365, InTune/Endpoint Management, Azure AD/Entra ID
- Cyber security “essentials” (firewall, password managers, anti-malware, VPNs…)
- Working knowledge of an RMM
- PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Connectwise, Eset, LastPass, Draytek and Unifi
Qualifications and experience
- 5-years experience in an IT support role
- Having worked for an MSP before would be an advantage
- Proven experience in a 2nd line IT support role
- Experience with Windows operating systems, networks, and firewalls.
- Microsoft Certifications essential, other IT certifications desirable
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Own car essential
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking